6 Low-carb Meal Quick Recipes
March 30, 2017 | Fitness
The racy, feisty and fiery city life can be so brutal on your body, girl! So it’s easy to settle in a routine where you don’t get to check your weight as much as you would like. And before you know it, you find yourself promoted from L to XXL. While there’s no alternative to exercise or gym, you must watch your diet. Sounds like a lotta work? Not really. We did some smart work for your diet. Not all diet meals are boring bland foods. These are some low-carb plans that are super-easy to prepare, low in carbohydrate, very delicious and help you lose fat.
1. Mushroom Omelette(breakfast)
Time: 13 minutes
Ingredients: 3 eggs, 2-3 mushrooms, butter, chopped onion, shredded cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Begin with cracking the eggs into a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk into a batter.
- Heat a frying pan, melt some butter and pour in the batter to form a sheet.
- When the omelet starts to get firm but has a raw texture on top, sprinkle the cheese, mushrooms, and onion.
- Use a spatula to ease the edges. When it starts becoming golden brown underneath, slide it onto a plate. Enjoy eating.
2. Chickpea Pancake(breakfast)
Time: 18-20 minutes
Ingredients: onion, red pepper (each 1/4 cup-finely chopped), ½ cup chickpea flour (besan), ¼ teaspoon garlic paste, a pinch of salt, black pepper, baking powder each and some water.
- Mix the chickpea flour, garlic paste, salt, pepper, baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the water, whisk until smooth. Add the veggies and mix again.
- Heat a skillet and spread some oil on it. Pour the batter and spread it evenly.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes on one side and then flip it. Cook until it becomes light golden and then serve it on a plate. You can top it with avocado, cashew cream or chili
3. Low-carb pizza(lunch or dinner)
For crust: 4 eggs, shredded cheese
For topping: 4 tbsp. tomato paste, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, shredded cheese, some pepperoni, and olives
For serving: leafy greens, olive oil, salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Beat the eggs and blend 170 g of cheese. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the crust turns golden. Remove and let cool.
- Spread tomato paste on the crust and top it with oregano, cheese, pepperoni, and olives.
- Bake again for 8 minutes (until the pizza turns golden brown).
- Serve and enjoy the meal.
5. Paneer Bhurji(lunch or dinner)
Ingredients: 500 g paneer, 5 tbsp. milk, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, butter, ghee, ginger-garlic paste, finely chopped 2 tomatoes, 3 onions, 1 capsicum, black pepper powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt.
This meal is rich in protein and low in carbs. It is perfect to make a delicious weekend dish.
- Crush paneer with your hands
- Frycapsicums in ghee till golden brown. Keep aside
- Add ginger-garlic paste to melted butter and fry. Add tomatoes and onions.
- Add milk, black pepper powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour lemon juice. Add butter and paneer.
- Mix well and garnish with fried cashews and capsicums.
- Serve hot with phulke (chapati).
6. Sprouts bhel(lunch or dinner)
Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients: Sprouted moong, lemon juice, chopped onion and tomato, oil, cumin seeds, chaat masala, salt.
- Either buy the sprouted moong or soak moong overnight.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and onion.
- When the onion turns light golden, add tomato and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the sprouts, chaat masala, salt, lemon juice and fry for a minute.
- Serve it on a plate.
If you follow a low-carb diet regularly, your body adapts to it and your taste buds get used to it. These meal plans should sort you out at least in watching the food. If combine the diet with light exercises or workout on the weekends, it would further help in keeping your healthier.