Learners guide: How to shave your legs
July 15, 2016 | Shaving & Shower
Hair-free legs are a part of every woman’s lifestyle and shaving is the most inexpensive way of getting what you desire. The way you shave your legs relies on you – how much hair you have, how quickly it grows and the way you had been taught, for those who have never been taught, we are here to help you.
Follow these guidelines for smooth shaving:
- Exfoliate your legs before shaving, it helps in getting rid of dead skin cells makes the skin softer, and makes the hair pop up a little bit, so it’s easier to get the hair at the root. Plus, it also reduces the chance of ingrown hairs.
- Soak your legs in the warm water or if you want an easy option simply shave after you have taken shower. It keeps your legs hydrated and moist. Also, it opens up the pores of your skin making it easier for the razor to do the job. It will give you clean shaved legs.
- Use short, even strokes without applying excessive stress. Make sure to shave in a single stroke by avoiding multiple strokes over the same area as it can lead to irritation. Shave carefully over bony areas like ankles, shins, and knees. For a closer shave, apply shaving foam and first start shaving with the grain and then against the grain if the need arises. LetsShave Dr. Barber’s having foam is enriched with coconut oil that protects the skin and keeps the moisture intact and LetsShave Soft touch 6 razor is specially designed for your body contours, shave fearlessly anytime and anywhere.
- For knees, bend a little. This will make you skin tight, making it easier for you to shave. It is difficult to shave on the folded skin as it increases the chances of cuts.
- Make sure after shaving, rinse your leg with cool water, and then start shaving the other leg. Rinsing the leg with cool water calms the skin and also closes the pores which were open at the time of shaving. Your legs will look cleaner and shinier.
- Moisturize your skin after you are done with shaving. It is very important. Use a good moisturizer with SPF contents in it. It will keep the skin moisturized and eliminate the occurrence of irritation or redness. Avoid using a washcloth or a loofah as it can cause irritation to the newly shaved skin.
Shaving legs are no big deal. You just need to know the right technique to get hair-free, smooth sexy legs.